Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking to borrow a 70's era TV with mechanical tuner for VCF 8.0 exhibit

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
      At 09:07 AM 3/29/2012, you wrote:
      >in the range of 13" - 19" - must be working
      >
      >They are harder to find than you would think - most of them
      >apparently have found their way to the landfill by now.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Mike Willegal

      For my VCF 5 Exhibit a few years ago of a Apple II with original
      1969 Sony portable color TV ...
      http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_appleII-c.JPG
      ...I too had a lot of trouble finding one, more than anything else on
      the table! Unfortunately the TV flips and pops every few minutes,
      not suitable for a full day demo. Otherwise I'd offer to loan it to you.

      Bill
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
        forgot to mention I need color - solid state is probably preferable, since it might be less likely to quit or be harmed by being moved around. Anything between 13-19" is fine.

        I believe I used 19" back in the day. My stepfather had a business that manufactured components (coils and such) for Zenith and other electronics companies and he gave me a set that I think they used in engineering for testing prototypes.

        Regards,
        Mike Willegal

        > --- On Thu, 3/29/12, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
        >
        > >> They are harder to find than you would think - most of them apparently
        > >> have found their way to the landfill by now.
        > >

        > > I have a few here, you can borrow one, ping me this weekend, so I can
        > > dust them off, since the move I need to check them again anyway.=Dan
        >
        > I have several working ones as well - if Dan doesn't find anything, I most definitely can bring one/two/three. Color or black and white? Any preference on screen size? Tube or solid state? :D
        >
        > -Ian

      • Bob Schwier
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
          I have one upstairs.  I'll post the details when I get home.
          bs

          forgot to mention I need color - solid state is probably preferable, since it might be less likely to quit or be harmed by being moved around. Anything between 13-19" is fine.

          I believe I used 19" back in the day. My stepfather had a business that manufactured components (coils and such) for Zenith and other electronics companies and he gave me a set that I think they used in engineering for testing prototypes.

          Regards,
          Mike Willegal

          > --- On Thu, 3/29/12, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
          >
          > >> They are harder to find than you would think - most of them apparently
          > >> have found their way to the landfill by now.
          > >

          > > I have a few here, you can borrow one, ping me this weekend, so I can
          > > dust them off, since the move I need to check them again anyway.=Dan
          >
          > I have several working ones as well - if Dan doesn't find anything, I most definitely can bring one/two/three. Color or black and white? Any preference on screen size? Tube or solid state? :D
          >
          > -Ian

        • Matt Patoray
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
            Bill,

            What model Sony is that? The 12" KV-1210 is the first Trinitron and is rare today. If I was coming I would bring my CVM-1211 monitor/receiver from 1972.

            I will be at the Early Television Foundation annual convention as it is the same weekend as VCF.

            Matt

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 30, 2012
              There are a lot if pics of the tv in vintagecomputer.net/apple/appleii/ Maybe you can determine from your experience ... there is no model plate or number. Somehow I determined it was a 1969 model Trinitron maybe by looking for component date codes.
              --
              Sent from my PDP 8/e.