Re: [midatlanticretro] IMPORTANT -- TCF odds and ends....

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
      > LOL, my fear is that the room will have one ordinary wall
      > outlet.

      I'm 15-20A with everything running.

      > (Unfortunately it's too late to have these mailed out, so we'll have
      > to pick them up on-site. I'm sorry about that.)

      I didn't see any obvious directions online to VIP parking. I assume that we
      just follow signs to VIP parking and the stuff in the car will convince
      them we should get let in.

      Is the VIP parking where we unload from or is that somewhere else? Figure
      it out when we get there?
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
        What time can we get in? I'll be driving in from about 3 hours away.

        If I add a model 12 (of which I just saved 3) I'll need two tables total.
        I'm trying to get one into respectable shape right now.

        What kind of banners? I'm a pretty linear thinker, and so don't have any
        really creative ideas about these kinds of things. Really, check out my web
        pages (www.catcorner.org). It's all rectangles, black text and linear flow.

        I could always bring some markers, some poster board and my fact sheets and
        make them up on the spot.

        Kelly

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
            Hey, that was very strange -- I sent a full reply and only the quoted part appears.  Here's the reply:

          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
              > - The four remaing tables will be for whoever needs extra space. We
              > may have to share these. My hunch is that the Apple, Commodore, DEC,
              > and Tandy exhibits will need the most space. One or two people said
              > they can only exhibit on Saturday, so there will be extra space on Sunday.

              6 feet will be a little tight for me... 8 would be better. Maybe we
              can push tables together and split an extra table between two of us?

              > - Please make all the posters, literature, signs, etc. that you can!
              > There was some talk here a few weeks ago about those plastic sign
              > holders you can buy at Staples, but honestly, I want to see big,
              > colorful, explanatory signs. Pretend you're running for class
              > president or something. :) Nothing confuses people more than a bunch
              > of equipment with no explanation of what it's all about. LOL, this is
              > also a good way to get your children and spouses involved. :)

              I just haven't had the time. Expect my stuff to look almost exactly
              like my last year's VCF east display. If someone has the time and
              inclination, I'll happily accept (and pay for materials) for "system
              info" signs for my:

              Ohio Scientific C4P-MF
              6502 - 2MHz
              48K memory
              86K per single sided floppy

              NorthStar Horizon
              Z80 - 4MHz
              56K memory
              400K per double sided, hard-sectored floppy

              Processor Technology Sol-20
              8080A - 2MHz
              32K memory
              400K per double sided, hard-sectored floppy

              > - Plan ahead for how you'll present your computers. Expect a wide
              > range of questions, for the obscure to the expert to the moronic. Try
              > to make up some simple demos for your computers. When possible and
              > when realistic, make demos that people can actually try. If someone
              > is drooling over the memory of programming on your machine 15 years
              > ago, then under your close supervision, hand over the keyboard.
              > Obviously, be careful of who you trust and what you let them do!! Our
              > exhibit is all about being interactive instead of just static.

              Space invaders, Asteriods and Zork.
            • billdeg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
                I bought a box of dot matrix paper this weekend if anyone needs me to bring
                some.
                bd

                In a message dated 4/11/2005 2:21:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                ahm@... writes:

                > evan947 wrote:
                > > - Please make all the posters, literature, signs, etc. that you can!
                > [...]
                > > Pretend you're running for class president or something. :)
                >
                > Woo, dot-matrix printer banners! ;)
              • us21090
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 15, 2005
                  Evan,

                  I finally was able to change my "maybe" to "confirmed" for Saturday
                  (I'm way too busy!). As I've indicated in the database, I'm bringing
                  a Kim-1, ADM3a (attached to the Kim-1), an early HP-25 programmable
                  calculator. It occured to me folks may like to see a CPU card from a
                  c1985 Sun 3/160 (with 8MBs on a 9U (almost 16" tall) board!). I'll
                  see what else I have, too.

                  I'll be driving up tonight. I'll aim for being at the College
                  7:30-ish. Do you know which building we'll be in?

                  Thanks,
                  Scott Austin
                  us21090@...
                • evan
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 15, 2005
                    TcfIs in the colleges recreation center, Im sure there will be lots of signs...
                    see you there!
                    --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <us21090@...> wrote:

                    > Evan,
                    >
                    > I finally was able to change my "maybe" to "confirmed" for Saturday
                    > (I'm way too busy!). As I've indicated in the database, I'm bringing
                    > a Kim-1, ADM3a (attached to the Kim-1), an early HP-25 programmable
                    > calculator. It occured to me folks may like to see a CPU card from a
                    > c1985 Sun 3/160 (with 8MBs on a 9U (almost 16" tall) board!). I'll
                    > see what else I have, too.
                    >
                    > I'll be driving up tonight. I'll aim for being at the College
                    > 7:30-ish. Do you know which building we'll be in?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Scott Austin
                    > us21090@...

                    Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

                    - 700 readers and no spam / Publishes every Monday / Write for us!