Re: Great old technology show from the 1970s

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Richard Cini <rich.cini@...> wrote:

      > One of the other shows I used to like to watch was Connections.
      > I have the DVDs and James Burke tells a great story.
      > Who knows if it's 100% true but not, very entertaining.

      Agreed! I love his leaps of logic when explaining how
      most things are not invented by just one person
      but is the result of many people's works,
      even if quite unrelated.

      At least there are no UFOs, conspiracy theories
      or Hitler's flying saucer as in the History channel :-(

      I'm unsure of the date of this series
      but it starts with UNIVAC:

      The Machine that Changed the World Part 1
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7927021653651541860

      I donated a VHS of this series to the MARCH library.
      As well as a VHS of Leonard Nimoy's informercial
      for a computer with all the apps in ROM.

      and just for fun: 35 Vintage Tech Ads
      http://bluefaqs.com/2009/09/35-vintage-tech-ads/