first to smoke / Exhibit update

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2012
      Working today on my Apple ///, to make a copy of some disks ... blew
      the tant. cap on the power supply, which reminds me that VCF E is
      just around the corner.

      We are going to make the judging much simpler compared with last
      year's botched attempt at categorizing everything, by yours
      truly. Here are the new and improved exhibit judging categories
      (vintage.org may need to be updated, stand by)

      First to Smoke (First exhibit with visible smoke or flames while
      exhibits are in session)
      Best in Show "the Gold Chip"
      2nd Best in Show
      3rd Best in Show
      Best Newcomer (top vote-getter who is also a first-time exhibitor)

      The judging will also be simpler. Everyone with paid admission will
      get one vote to cast for best in show.

      I need a cup of coffee.