Re: iOS vs. 128K Mac

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2012
      If you have a mac running OS X- you can adjust icon size up to 128x128 in the finder.
      the Mac 128K screen is 392x512 - ICONs were 16x16

      However...

      The original mac screen was monochrome, so the screen occupied 24576 bytes of memory.

      You are probably running 32 color in OS/x, so an Icon might occupy 65536 bytes of memory.

      So I guess it depends on how you measure it.

      All I know, is that I'm always searching through big displays of colorful, but confusing non-intuative ICONs these days. I never had that problem in the old days of macpaint and macwrite. :-)

      Regards,
      Mike W.