TCF This weekend - Everything in Armstrong Hall

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2012
      For those going to TCF this weekend, everything appears to be in
      Armstrong Hall (talks, computer club tables, indoor flea market, and
      vendor fair. The only things outside of this building is the Sat
      night banquet. Parking in lots 14 and 20.

      This is nice because normally one has to walk all over campus to
      cover everything; from the talks to the flea market to the vendor
      fair in totally different buildings. The flea market is "make a
      donation" pricing, which may encourage more flea market vendors who
      will also be encouraged by the easy access first floor location. I
      know, I know Ebay killed the flea market...but postage prices have
      killed the Ebay large ticket item market. Only at a flea market like
      this can you get larger items like terminals and "grab bags" with
      hidden gems. Be optimistic!

      Anyway, because I have a computer shop I also value the opportunity
      to stock up on modern parts for repair jobs.

      Justin and I will have a table to sell vintage and newer gear, and we
      will also split our time to help man the MARCH club table.

      A few years ago I got a free DEC 350 system with everything, cables,
      software, etc. for FREE
      Last year a guy was practically giving away a WANG mini computer/word
      processor, and a number of S-100 cards were available.

      I have not heard from anyone else in our club...so I guess it'll be
      Justin, Evan, and me this year. Remember 2005? We had our first
      MARCH event, many of us met for the first time and we had a little
      computer festival in a racketball court. It only costs $10 this
      year, if you can at least stop by, please do.

      Bill
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2012
        > I have not heard from anyone else in our club...so I guess it'll be
        > Justin, Evan, and me this year. Remember 2005? We had our first
        > MARCH event, many of us met for the first time and we had a little
        > computer festival in a racketball court. It only costs $10 this
        > year, if you can at least stop by, please do.

        I'll be there with my family; the kids had a great time last year and have
        some serious shopping to do this year. We will stop by, but it's unlikely
        I can man the booth unless the kids and wife want to go wander by
        themselves for a while.

        Bob