VCF East 8.0 lectures and workshops

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2012
      Humans (and others),

      On the lecture front for VCF East 8.0, so far we have:
      - Saturday opening: me
      - History of Commodore part 2: Bil Herd
      - Life, Death, and Afterlife of Charles Babbage's Difference Engine No.
      2: Marcin Wichary
      - The Invention of BASIC: Thomas Kurtz
      - Sunday opening: me
      - History and Impact of Analog Computing: Kent Lundford
      - Apple's Early Years: Dan Kottke

      On the workshop front, we've got:
      - Intro to Vintage Software Restoration: Bill Degnan
      - Intro to Minicomputer Care & Feeding: Dave McGuire
      - How it's Done: 8-Bit Chiptune Music (Don Miller & friends)
      - Intro to Commodore 8-Bit Maintenance (Bil Herd!)
      - Intro to Apple II Maintenance (Mike Willegal)
      - Intro to S-100 Zen & Innerworkings (Jon Chapman)
      - Build a Vector Graphics Kit (Dan Roganti)

      We still need one more lecture for the Sunday at 11:30am slot. I am
      trying to get the ACGNJ Meeting #1 reunion arranged. A backup plan is
      that I can always ramble about the history of portable computers.
      Hopefully we will have a * better * backup plan than that!