more Teks

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2012
      I knew I was going to forget some. I also have a Tek 475 (very beat
      up, parts unit), a 555 dual-beam machine (missing power umbilical), and
      a 453.

      The 453 has the sharpest CRT I've ever seen on a scope of any kind.
      I know it's not just this one because I've seen a lot of 453s. That's a
      truly amazing CRT.

      Oh, and also an 11401 digital scope.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
        On Tue, 6 Mar 2012, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > I knew I was going to forget some. I also have a Tek 475 (very beat
        > up, parts unit), a 555 dual-beam machine (missing power umbilical), and
        > a 453.

        My main scope is a 485:

        http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Test/485-1L.jpg

        I used to have a huge old HP scope, probably a 170B, similar to this
        one:

        http://ankythera.com/Tubes/Restoration/images/equip/Oscilloscope.jpg

        I used it quite often in the '70s, but got rid of it about 15 years
        ago. It was a 100lb beast!

        As for other vintage test equipment, I have two Eico 377 audio
        generators:

        http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/eico377.jpg

        One definitely doesn't work, and the other is still in the to-be-tested
        queue. I picked them up because they were used in many Irwin Allen
        productions:

        http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Q7/scifi/Tunnel/Chase-8L.jpg

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
          My main 'scope is a Tek 7603 mainframe with a dual-trace plug module and separate timebase module. Large, but not as big as the vacuum tube Tek 'scopes, and it was cheap as surplus. I've got a logic analyzer module as well, if I ever find pods for it!

          Thanks,
          Jonathan