RE: [midatlanticretro] KIM-1, It Lives....

    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 2, 2012
      Bill Sudbrink <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

      >B Degnan
      >> I got and restored this recently
      >>
      >> http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread_record.cfm?id=451&tid=1
      >
      >Neat. What sort of restoration did it require? I'm not much on scope
      >service myself, but there is a very active Tektronix scope group on
      >Yahoo:
      >
      >TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
      >
      >Bill S.

      Mostly reassembly ...new fuse holder and fan. Cleaning thoroughly. Works pretty well similar in performance to my other scopes
      --
      Sent from my PDP 8/e.
    • David Gesswein
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 10, 2012
        On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:38:44AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > I'm jealous of your 611. I have a "parts" 611 here, raped of several
        > components and the covers. I missed out on a complete one on eBay last
        > week; I was very disappointed about that.

        They have gone up a little since I got mine for $20 9 years ago.

        > Have you done anything interesting with yours?

        Its been to VCF. I demoed it in store and non-store mode. The deflection
        isn't fast enough to keep up with the AX08 without some delays so I also
        brought another monitor that worked better for space war. I can't remember
        what I was drawing in store mode. It may have been spirograph type patterns.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/shows/vcfe08/vcfe08.shtml

        I may bring a RM503 this year since that a good period display for
        the PDP-8.

        My 547 and teletype made it on TV for 8 seconds.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/asr33/asr33.shtml (after the table)