Re: [midatlanticretro] KIM-1s

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1 6:00 AM
      > If you want I can bring my kim and boards and I will try and get a decent
      > PS.
      > Any recommendations?

      Unless you want the cassette interface, a 5v @ 1.5 amp supply will work
      fine. I've picked up a number of cheap supplies from www.mpja.com. I
      like these, and they have both 5V and 12V:

      http://www.mpja.com/5V-15A-and-12V-15A-Desktop-Supply-PCH/productinfo/16246+PS/

      Be sure to get a matching mini DIN connector.

      Bob
    • David Gesswein
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 10 6:52 PM
        On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:38:44AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > I'm jealous of your 611. I have a "parts" 611 here, raped of several
        > components and the covers. I missed out on a complete one on eBay last
        > week; I was very disappointed about that.

        They have gone up a little since I got mine for $20 9 years ago.

        > Have you done anything interesting with yours?

        Its been to VCF. I demoed it in store and non-store mode. The deflection
        isn't fast enough to keep up with the AX08 without some delays so I also
        brought another monitor that worked better for space war. I can't remember
        what I was drawing in store mode. It may have been spirograph type patterns.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/shows/vcfe08/vcfe08.shtml

        I may bring a RM503 this year since that a good period display for
        the PDP-8.

        My 547 and teletype made it on TV for 8 seconds.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/asr33/asr33.shtml (after the table)