Re: [midatlanticretro] KIM-1, It Lives....

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 29, 2012
      On 03/01/2012 12:39 AM, Dan Roganti wrote:
      > > > Now that you mention it, maybe I should setup a booth with a demo from
      > > > my workshop that shows one of the computers running with the vector
      > > > graphics kit.
      > >
      > > Are the signals present on the "E" bus of the KIM-1 sufficient to
      > > drive your design?
      > >

      > <mojo>
      > Buffer,baby, Buffer ;)
      > </mojo>

      Of course. I meant which actual signals were available, not the fanout.

      (why did I just picture Dan in a sexy Sarah Palin pose? ;))

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Gesswein
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 10, 2012
        On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:38:44AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > I'm jealous of your 611. I have a "parts" 611 here, raped of several
        > components and the covers. I missed out on a complete one on eBay last
        > week; I was very disappointed about that.

        They have gone up a little since I got mine for $20 9 years ago.

        > Have you done anything interesting with yours?

        Its been to VCF. I demoed it in store and non-store mode. The deflection
        isn't fast enough to keep up with the AX08 without some delays so I also
        brought another monitor that worked better for space war. I can't remember
        what I was drawing in store mode. It may have been spirograph type patterns.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/shows/vcfe08/vcfe08.shtml

        I may bring a RM503 this year since that a good period display for
        the PDP-8.

        My 547 and teletype made it on TV for 8 seconds.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/asr33/asr33.shtml (after the table)