Re: [midatlanticretro] KIM-1, It Lives....

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 29, 2012

      On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >> KIM-1, It Lives....
      >> http://flic.kr/p/bmBehm
      > Clean your workstation!
      >
      > Here's another interesting picture from Dan .... it shows Jim S. and I,
      > apparently locked in a staring duel, and Chris L. having a nervous
      > breakdown.   :)

      Link would help:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5041605152/in/photostream/

      I have no idea what you guys were talking about then.
      If it was Jim, it must have been vintage electrons :)
      http://youtu.be/AaKwU0nbeaA

      BTW, I have that video of you riding that hi-tech bicycle thru the museum from that event. I have to upload it.
      =Dan
       _  ____
      / \__/
      Scotty, We Need More Power !!
      \_/ _\__ Aye, Cap'n, but we've only got 80 col's !

    • David Gesswein
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 10, 2012
        On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:38:44AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > I'm jealous of your 611. I have a "parts" 611 here, raped of several
        > components and the covers. I missed out on a complete one on eBay last
        > week; I was very disappointed about that.

        They have gone up a little since I got mine for $20 9 years ago.

        > Have you done anything interesting with yours?

        Its been to VCF. I demoed it in store and non-store mode. The deflection
        isn't fast enough to keep up with the AX08 without some delays so I also
        brought another monitor that worked better for space war. I can't remember
        what I was drawing in store mode. It may have been spirograph type patterns.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/shows/vcfe08/vcfe08.shtml

        I may bring a RM503 this year since that a good period display for
        the PDP-8.

        My 547 and teletype made it on TV for 8 seconds.
        http://www.pdp8online.com/asr33/asr33.shtml (after the table)