Re: newly acquired Macintosh 128K up and printing

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2012
      >> It was quite a neat experience
      >> fixing and operating this machine.
      >> I haven't run a Macintosh 128K in almost 28 years!

      > We have a working one in our museum. It's been upgraded
      > with a top-mounted fan/surge protector and extra RAM.
      > It is interesting when we get to explain to museum visitors,
      > especially kids, that they already know
      > how to use this computer despite it being from 1984
      > (usually before they were born!)

      I used an Apple Lisa with the "twiggy" drive around 1984 for composing and editing documentation. The client was mostly mainframes and had no clue what word processing was about. It made re-writes and revisions less painful.

      Just for comparison, next to the Mac, put a PC running WordPerfect and a Z80 CP/M system running WordStar and have a race to see who can compose a document fastest :-)