Rutgers' own computer history

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2012
      Guys,

      Our own Matt M., who's in his second semester of Rutgers CS, found this
      incredible document: http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED227829.pdf.

      It's great reading! Make some popcorn, grab a beer, and enjoy.
      <http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED227829.pdf>
    • Jeff Jonas
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2012
        > Our own Matt M., who's in his second semester of Rutgers CS,
        > found this incredible document: http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED227829.pdf.

        Yay! Great research!

        page 15: 1967: they had an IBM system 1130!
        Perhaps several: as stand-alone and for RJE to the 360
        *does the Snoopy happy dance*

        page 12: 1962 "largest 1620 in the world installed"
        That is quite the claim. Any pix?

        page 18: several EAI analog computers

        page 31 shows a goodly number of PDPs
      • Alexey Toptygin
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 2012
          On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Guys,
          >
          > Our own Matt M., who's in his second semester of Rutgers CS, found this
          > incredible document: http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED227829.pdf.
          >
          > It's great reading! Make some popcorn, grab a beer, and enjoy.
          > <http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED227829.pdf>

          I get timeouts trying to connect to that host :-(

          Alexey
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2012
            >>> <http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED227829.pdf>
            >> I get timeouts trying to connect to that host :-(

            Works fine for me. Opened immediately on my last-gen BlackBerry just now.