FS: Motorola 68000 Systems

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 20, 2012
      Selling unique 68000 S-100 CPU board and assorted other boards and engineering notes. The board is the design feature of my 68000 book published in 1987. Photos and details at http://wilcoxengineering.com/68000-microprocessor.

      The MR-8 concept and the communication-stack C code could form the basis of a modern co-processor product for data collection, control, etc.

      Cleaning house, and this collection needs a new home.

      You can contact off-list via my website.

      Cheers, Alan
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 20, 2012
        > Selling unique 68000 S-100 CPU board and assorted other boards and engineering notes. The board is the design feature of my 68000 book published in 1987. Photos and details at http://wilcoxengineering.com/68000-microprocessor.
        >
        > The MR-8 concept and the communication-stack C code could form the basis of a modern co-processor product for data collection, control, etc.
        >
        > Cleaning house, and this collection needs a new home.
        >
        > You can contact off-list via my website.
        >
        > Cheers, Alan

        Welcome to our list. Please introduce yourself. Background, how you
        found us, interest(s) in vintage computing, etc.
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 20, 2012

          eh-hem, Evan
          Do your homework ;)

        • corey986
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

            > eh-hem, Evan
            > Do your homework ;)

            http://www.amazon.com/68000-Microcomputer-Systems-Designing-Troubleshooting/dp/0138114641

            :)
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
            • Alan
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
                Sure, send it to me.

                If you're into eBooks, my autobiography is now available at my new site: http://wilcoxpublishing.com/published-2/7-sfmk

                One of these days I'm going to do a printed version, but haven't gotten to it yet.

                Cheers, Alan

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
                  >> Sure, send it to me. If you're into eBooks, my autobiography is now available at my new site

                  Alan, it seems I'm the only one who did not know who you are -- so I apologize for asking you to introduce yourself. We ask all new people on the list to do so; it was standard course.

                  I hope you'll consider attending our upcoming Vintage Computer Festival. This year's edition, VCF East 8.0, is May 5-6 at our museum in Wall, New Jersey. People come from many states and even from other continents.

                  One of the event workshops is about S-100 repair. Herb Johnson will probably be there, and so may Roger Amidon. See http://www.vintage.org/2012/east/ for details.

                  - Evan K. / club prez
                • Alan
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
                    Evan,

                    Seems that makes two of us! I didn't know anyone knew me, but evidently my reputation preceded me. Surprise!

                    But to give you all an update:

                    Since retiring, I've been building and repairing Elecraft and SWL ham-radio equipment. That's http://WilcoxEngineering.com

                    In the last couple years I wrote my autobiography and went hunting for a publisher. After 4 books with Prentice Hall, I thought they'd do my memoirs ... no, not their market. So I did the eBook route myself. Now I help other folks get their writing out in eBook or printed format. That's http://WilcoxPublishing.com

                    Now I'm taking an ed2go online class on writing fiction. They also have a number of programming courses (PHP etc) available at a good price. I've taken several, and can recommend them highly. That's http://www.ed2go.com/wdce/online_course/wlp/detail/Write_Fiction_Like_a_Pro.html

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
                      On 02/21/2012 07:42 PM, Alan wrote:
                      > Seems that makes two of us! I didn't know anyone knew me, but
                      > evidently my reputation preceded me. Surprise!

                      Oh good grief. Everyone who is serious about hardware design,
                      especially 68K hardware, has a copy of your book. ;) Excellent work!

                      73,

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                      New Kensington, PA
                    • Kyle Owen
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
                        Alan,

                        It's great to see so many hams that are also interested in vintage computing. I have an Icom IC-761 that has served me well for a little less than a year. I've considered Elecraft, as I do love kit building, but they are definitely over my price range right now. Maybe we all should start a vintage computing net on 80m or something! :) I'd have to get a decent antenna put up here at the condo before I could proceed with anything like that, however.

                        73,

                        Kyle
                        W4GNU

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
                          On 02/21/2012 07:58 PM, Kyle Owen wrote:
                          > It's great to see so many hams that are also interested in vintage
                          > computing. I have an Icom IC-761 that has served me well for a little
                          > less than a year. I've considered Elecraft, as I do love kit building,
                          > but they are definitely over my price range right now. Maybe we all
                          > should start a vintage computing net on 80m or something! :) I'd have to
                          > get a decent antenna put up here at the condo before I could proceed
                          > with anything like that, however.

                          Not to butt in, but that is a GREAT idea! I still don't have
                          anything on the roof of the new place, but that roof is a nice flat 4800
                          square feet, so the possibilities are endless. =) Time to dust off my
                          FT-ONE and FT-920!

                          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                          New Kensington, PA
                        • Kyle Owen
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012
                            Well, gee, it's not often I have a great idea! :) Thanks!

                            I'm in Auburn, AL, right now, but every so often I get a chance to go
                            home to Birmingham where I have a pretty decent 80m dipole. I have had
                            quite some luck talking with Ireland on 80m, as well as some of the
                            northern US. I think we could definitely make this a reality. Getting
                            over to my local ARC's shack is fairly inconvenient, but I could make
                            that work out too if we really get somewhere with this.

                            Are you interested in a Tennadyne T-12 log-periodic for 20m through
                            10m? My local ARC is looking at selling ours for a good price. I'm
                            pretty sure it's brand new, or close to it anyways.

                            73,

                            Kyle
                            W4GNU

                            On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:
                            > On 02/21/2012 07:58 PM, Kyle Owen wrote:
                            >> It's great to see so many hams that are also interested in vintage
                            >> computing. I have an Icom IC-761 that has served me well for a little
                            >> less than a year. I've considered Elecraft, as I do love kit building,
                            >> but they are definitely over my price range right now. Maybe we all
                            >> should start a vintage computing net on 80m or something! :) I'd have to
                            >> get a decent antenna put up here at the condo before I could proceed
                            >> with anything like that, however.
                            >
                            >   Not to butt in, but that is a GREAT idea!  I still don't have
                            > anything on the roof of the new place, but that roof is a nice flat 4800
                            > square feet, so the possibilities are endless. =)  Time to dust off my
                            > FT-ONE and FT-920!
                            >
                            >           -Dave
                            >
                            > --
                            > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                            > New Kensington, PA

                          • Bob Applegate
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 21, 2012

                              On Feb 21, 2012, at 7:42 PM, Alan wrote:

                              Since retiring, I've been building and repairing Elecraft and SWL ham-radio equipment. That's http://WilcoxEngineering.com

                              Welcome to the group, OM!  A K3 will be my next rig, but it's hard to justify yet another rig with an FT-1000 Field, a pair of TS-850s and various other rigs already in the shack.

                              73

                              Bob - K2UT

                            • Bob Schwier
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 22, 2012
                                I'll finally finish off the Heath Kit.
                                bs

                                > > It's great to see so many hams that are also interested
                                > in vintage
                                > > computing. I have an Icom IC-761 that has served me
                                > well for a little
                                > > less than a year. I've considered Elecraft, as I do
                                > love kit building,
                                > > but they are definitely over my price range right now.
                                > Maybe we all
                                > > should start a vintage computing net on 80m or
                                > something! :) I'd have to
                                > > get a decent antenna put up here at the condo before I
                                > could proceed
                                > > with anything like that, however.
                                >
                                >    Not to butt in, but that is a GREAT
                                > idea!  I still don't have
                                > anything on the roof of the new place, but that roof is a
                                > nice flat 4800
                                > square feet, so the possibilities are endless. =)  Time
                                > to dust off my
                                > FT-ONE and FT-920!
                                >
                                >            -Dave
                                >
                                > --
                                > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                > New Kensington, PA

                                >     midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              • Alan D. Wilcox

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 15, 2012
                                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Alan D. Wilcox" <alan@...> wrote:

                                    > This 68000 collection NEEDS A NEW HOME! Don't want to toss it out.
                                    >
                                    > ==========
                                    >
                                    > Selling unique 68000 S-100 CPU board and assorted other boards and
                                    > engineering notes. The board is the design feature of my 68000 book
                                    > published in 1987. Photos and details at
                                    > http://wilcoxengineering.com/68000-microprocessor.
                                    >
                                    > The MR-8 concept and the communication-stack C code could form the basis
                                    > of a modern co-processor product for data collection, control, etc.
                                    >
                                    > Cleaning house, and this collection needs a new home.
                                    >
                                    > You can contact off-list via my website.
                                    >
                                    > Cheers, Alan

                                    I've contacted Alan and we are working something out. I hope to make his S-100 68K work available via my S-100 Web site. Unfortunately I won't have anything before VCF-E in May.

                                    Herb Johnson