Re: [midatlanticretro] could be OT: battery charging

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2006
      My gell cell 12V 7 AH says standby (float) charging 13.5-13.8V no current
      limit, cyclic 14.4-15V max 1.75A. If your charger open circuit voltage is
      within the float range then ok. If higher you need to stop when it gets
      within the final voltage range. If your charger supply is current limited
      then can hook it up directly, otherwise put a resitor in series which will
      limit the current to 500ma initially (more to protect the charger, its
      unlikely to provide enough current to bother the battery). If wet cell
      (car type) the voltages will be somewhat different.

      Yes, you want to keep lead-acid batteries charged and discharge
      not too deep for longest life.