Re: [midatlanticretro] pdp 11/05

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2012
      > On 02/19/2012 08:19 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
      > > Speaking of DEC, I just this minute got my PDP 11/05 to print HELLO
      WORLD!
      > > and the run of ascii characters correctly (not garbled) to my teletype
      > > using a simple program toggled into the front panel.
      >
      > SuhWEET!! Congrats!
      >
      > > I still haven't gotten it to echo characters to the printer typed in
      from
      > > the keyboard, hmmm.
      >
      > Are you using the CPU-based console port, or a DL11? Either way, are

      > you certain the interface is actually receiving bytes?

      No I am not. I am using the CPU-based console port.

      From 000 000 I load the following program. when I run the program: The TTY
      buzzes but nothing echos/prints to the screen. If I switch off the TTY
      while the program is left running and then switch the TTY back on, the
      computer sends a stream of endless FFFFFFF...... chars. I have loaded the
      program elsewhere. Also, memory seems to be OK. I am thinking the problem
      is the teletype. Any ideas? I think the TTY, which is wired as a stock
      ASR 33, is missing some sort of circuit needed for PDP 11 interaction.

      005000
      105737
      177560
      100375