Semi-OT: Trenton event, March 10

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2012
      Hey look! What's the in the top right corner of the Trenton Computer
      Faire web site ..... why, it's a MARCH logo.

      http://www.tcf-nj.org <http://tcf-nj.org/>

      And when the general public shows up at the college to get their Trenton
      tickets, they'll be given Vintage Computer Festival show fliers.

      Sweet deal.

      In exchange, I encourage all ya'll to support the Trenton event. Go
      there, tell your friends, etc. -- it's a great place to learn about NEW
      computer technology and to find parts cheap.

      Also, on the speaker grid again this year. I'm on from 1:30-2:25,
      Armstrong Hall, room A6. Topic: "The Incredible History of Computers in
      New Jersey." Feel free to come cheer me on, but please keep the heckling
      to a minimum. :)

      Friend-of-MARCH, Roger Amidon, is speaking at the same time in room A5.
      His subject is videogame development and the XBox Kinnect. (They spelled
      it "connect" on the Trenton web site ..... )

      MARCH will have a club table at this event, as usual. A couple of
      computers, club fliers, etc. .... I told the InfoAge hackerspace (IXR)
      that they're welcome to put a stack of fliers on our table too, and
      hopefully help us staff it. (As far as InfoAge is concerned, IXR is a
      MARCH spin-off, mainly because I was the one who pushed for the idea of
      bringing such a group in.)
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2012
        >In exchange, I encourage all ya'll to support the Trenton event. Go
        >there, tell your friends, etc. -- it's a great place to learn about NEW
        >computer technology and to find parts cheap.

        Done
        http://8bitaficionado.com/2012/02/17/trenton-computer-fair-2012/

        Also I don't know if you saw this

        http://8bitaficionado.com/2012/01/29/what-is-vcf-east-and-why-do-you-want-to-go/
      • BobShuster
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2012
          You're both wrong - it's Kinect (only one "n") :)

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
            > Hey look! What's the in the top right corner of the Trenton Computer
            > Faire web site ..... why, it's a MARCH logo.
            >
            > http://www.tcf-nj.org<http://tcf-nj.org/>
            >
            > And when the general public shows up at the college to get their Trenton
            > tickets, they'll be given Vintage Computer Festival show fliers.
            >
            > Sweet deal.
            >
            > In exchange, I encourage all ya'll to support the Trenton event. Go
            > there, tell your friends, etc. -- it's a great place to learn about NEW
            > computer technology and to find parts cheap.
            >
            > Also, on the speaker grid again this year. I'm on from 1:30-2:25,
            > Armstrong Hall, room A6. Topic: "The Incredible History of Computers in
            > New Jersey." Feel free to come cheer me on, but please keep the heckling
            > to a minimum. :)
            >
            > Friend-of-MARCH, Roger Amidon, is speaking at the same time in room A5.
            > His subject is videogame development and the XBox Kinnect. (They spelled
            > it "connect" on the Trenton web site ..... )
            >
            > MARCH will have a club table at this event, as usual. A couple of
            > computers, club fliers, etc. .... I told the InfoAge hackerspace (IXR)
            > that they're welcome to put a stack of fliers on our table too, and
            > hopefully help us staff it. (As far as InfoAge is concerned, IXR is a
            > MARCH spin-off, mainly because I was the one who pushed for the idea of
            > bringing such a group in.)

            They changed the room assignments.

            My lecture is at 1:30 in room Armstrong 114.

            Al's lecture is at 3:40 in room Armstrong 144.

            I'm not sure where the MARCH table will be.