Looking for working KIM-1 1976/77 with white 6502.

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2012
      Anyone have any idea on where I can find one. The one on ebay right now looks like the 6502 and one of the 6530 chips were replaced with plastic packages.

      Thanks,
      Corey
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2012
        I'd look at this more like a quest, build each part one at a time. Find a
        nice working KIM if you're not handy with repairs and then get the
        replacment chips one at a time separately until they're all date stamped
        75-77.

        Bill Degnan

        > Anyone have any idea on where I can find one. The one on ebay right now
        looks like the 6502 and one of the 6530 chips were replaced with plastic
        packages.

        > Thanks,
        > Corey

      • corey986
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 14, 2012
          Doing a quest right now for Apple-1/Mimeo parts like that, was hoping to have an easy quest for this one. :)

          Actually wasn't even thinking about the KIM-1 until I saw it on ebay, did a little research and thought I gotta have one of those!!!!

          Cheers,
          Corey
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14, 2012
            > Doing a quest right now for Apple-1/Mimeo parts like that, was hoping to
            > have an easy quest for this one. :)
            >
            > Actually wasn't even thinking about the KIM-1 until I saw it on ebay, did
            > a little research and thought I gotta have one of those!!!!

            It was the computer than sold the 6502 and the one that many of us learned
            6502 programming on. Also get an electronic copy of The First Book of KIM
            and have fun with how much a single board computer with 1K of RAM can do.

            If you end up swapping out parts, let me know what you've got extras of.
            One of my KIMs has a bad 6530.

            Bob
          • rarecoinbuyer
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14, 2012
              I think a lot of people are trying to find those.

              On eBay it's hard enough, to actually find one in the wild would be a dream. Don't the white 6502 chips sell for $2000 or more?

              At this point, I'd settle for just an early MOS KIM-1 with plastic DIPs.