A "wanted" vintage computer for my personal use

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2012
      Me here ....

      I very rarely collect vintage computers for my personal ownership. Sold
      most of my historic portables a couple of years ago. You all know that I
      focus exclusively on the MARCH collection.

      But, last year MARCH got its first Apple //e Platinum (the first-gen
      version that's got the Platinum specs yet has the original beige, not
      gray, color) ..... that one means a lot to me, because it's the first
      computer I ever owned. Dual slim floppy drives, but not the unidisk, etc.

      I'd really like to get the identical setup to have at home. I'm having
      fun with a IIGS (thanks Kelly L.!) but it's just not the same.

      So, if anybody has one they'd be willing to part with, and if they also
      feel that I've done a crapload of work for everyone's best interest in
      MARCH over the past six years, and they'd like to do something really
      nice and give me a present ..... that would be my choice.

      I'm just selfishly saying. ;)
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2012
        Can you post a picture of the system you want, or a link to a picture?
        bd

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2012
          http://lh3.ggpht.com/_So5GiYyWn-E/TTYINTT78lI/AAAAAAAACJs/LGGHibHILBE/DSCF0017.JPG4

          At 12:01 AM 2/14/2012, you wrote:

[...]