Advice for a newbie VCF exhibitor

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12 7:36 PM
      Hello MARCHins,

      I will be exhibiting this year ! finally I have the time off from work to do it. I wanted to ask everyone that has exhibited before, any advice that they can give me on display, setup etc. Like where and how to make poster board backdrops. What works, what doesn’t work. What you have learned from previous exhibits.

      Thanks !

      Jeff Brace
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12 7:48 PM

        Like where and how to make poster board backdrops. What works, what doesn’t work.

        First, we're not allowed to attach anything to the exhibit room walls. So people device cheap/simple ways to make posters stand up. One way it just to make simple cardboard legs on the back of your posters, which fold out 90 degrees like on picture frames. Another way to is to buy some PVC and make a frame stand. It's very easy and inexpensive to put quick clamps on the back of a table, slide PVC upright on top of them, and hang posters from a crossbar. I can show you how this works next weekend. Other people opt to bring their own self-standing backdrops, but that would require a larger vehicle and some money. Still others go with simple 8.5x11 hand-outs instead of large posters. Or, instead of having your exhibit table(s) away from the wall, you could put it against the wall, and just lean the poster against the back. So there are many options.

        What I do NOT recommend is hanging the posters from the front of your table(s), because then they're hidden by people who walk up to your booth.
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12 7:54 PM
          On Sun, 12 Feb 2012, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

          > I will be exhibiting this year ! finally I have the time off from work
          > to do it. I wanted to ask everyone that has exhibited before, any advice
          > that they can give me on display, setup etc. Like where and how to make
          > poster board backdrops. What works, what doesn?t work. What you have
          > learned from previous exhibits.

          Copy anything that Bill Degnan does. :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...