Yes, there's insurance.

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 6:12 AM
      >> I would assume that InfoAge has insurance?

      Yes. IA has general liability and an officers/directors policy. Each member group, including MARCH, has its own $1M general liability policy -- it's a requirement from IA. That is one of our annual expenses.

      So if someone does get electrocuted, or trips over an extension cord, or drops a computer on their foot, etc., then we're insured as long as we take common-sense measures to prevent such things. Courts use a measure of what a "reasonable" person would do, such as tuck cords away, don't block aisles, etc.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 6:24 AM
        On Fri, 3 Feb 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > So if someone does get electrocuted, or trips over an extension cord, or
        > drops a computer on their foot, etc., then we're insured as long as we
        > take common-sense measures to prevent such things. Courts use a measure
        > of what a "reasonable" person would do, such as tuck cords away, don't
        > block aisles, etc.

        So, Sellam would be covered if a monitor fell on his head? :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 6:30 AM
          >> So, Sellam would be covered if a monitor fell on his head? :-)

          No. That happened before he got here -- it was a pre-existing condition! :)

          (Of his own stupidity, I may add...)