Re: [midatlanticretro] Beer Responsibility

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3 6:07 AM
      >> I am a bit concerned about serving alcoholic beverages at the event because what liability issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?

      I thought of that. We can make our policy a two-drink maximum, per person, per day. And we'll use common sense: if someone appears to have had too much, then we won't serve them.

      Mostly I am not worried (and I am very good at worrying!) We are not the first event to sell alcohol, you know?

      I'm also not worried about simple spillage, because people already carry water, soda, etc., and there's never been a problem.

      We should have exhibitors sign general liability waivers anyhow. Fred always reminds me of that.

      Anyway, I probably jumped the gun by announcing this before we know if the township will give us a permit.
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3 10:16 AM
        On 02/03/2012 08:44 AM, Christian Liendo wrote:
        > Have a name a beer contest..
        > Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.
        >

        > C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..
        >
        > The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?
        >

        > [ Sounds of crickets ]
        >

        > Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

        One of the benefits of not using machines that crash, and having a
        damn good backup strategy, is the ability to have very long-lived files
        in one's home directory.

        Starting about 1993, my friend and then-coworker Mag and I started
        two "archive" files: band names and beer names. They've steadily grown
        over the years. The beer name archive contains such gems as:

        Golden Bilge Beer
        Party In Your Mouth Beer
        Edge of Death Beer
        Captain Cholesterol High Fiber Beer
        Afterlife Beer
        Sleeping Giant Beer
        Flirting With Disaster Beer
        Unfinished Business Beer
        The Man's Beer
        Cream of Demon Beer
        Liquid Courage Beer
        "No Trouble Here, Officer" Beer
        Exaggerated Response Beer
        Subterfuge Beer
        Chopped and Formed Smoked Beef Snack Beer

        Dave McGuire
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 2, 2012
          People buying beer must be carded...