Re: [midatlanticretro] Beer Responsibility

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
      Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

      >Ok Seriously.... Not to be the guy who ruins everything.
      >
      >I am a bit concerned about serving alcholic beverages at the event
      >because what liabaility issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated
      >and hurts themselves or someone else?

      IANAL (thank goodness) but the same liability exists if someone hurts
      themselves or someone else. Someone could get electrocuted touching
      an old computer or cut on one. Someone could fall navigating though
      the exhibits. I would assume that InfoAge has insurance? If it does
      not, then those responsible are stupid to open it to the public!
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
        >> I am a bit concerned about serving alcoholic beverages at the event because what liability issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?

        I thought of that. We can make our policy a two-drink maximum, per person, per day. And we'll use common sense: if someone appears to have had too much, then we won't serve them.

        Mostly I am not worried (and I am very good at worrying!) We are not the first event to sell alcohol, you know?

        I'm also not worried about simple spillage, because people already carry water, soda, etc., and there's never been a problem.

        We should have exhibitors sign general liability waivers anyhow. Fred always reminds me of that.

        Anyway, I probably jumped the gun by announcing this before we know if the township will give us a permit.
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
          On 02/03/2012 08:44 AM, Christian Liendo wrote:
          > Have a name a beer contest..
          > Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.
          >

          > C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..
          >
          > The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?
          >

          > [ Sounds of crickets ]
          >

          > Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

          One of the benefits of not using machines that crash, and having a
          damn good backup strategy, is the ability to have very long-lived files
          in one's home directory.

          Starting about 1993, my friend and then-coworker Mag and I started
          two "archive" files: band names and beer names. They've steadily grown
          over the years. The beer name archive contains such gems as:

          Golden Bilge Beer
          Party In Your Mouth Beer
          Edge of Death Beer
          Captain Cholesterol High Fiber Beer
          Afterlife Beer
          Sleeping Giant Beer
          Flirting With Disaster Beer
          Unfinished Business Beer
          The Man's Beer
          Cream of Demon Beer
          Liquid Courage Beer
          "No Trouble Here, Officer" Beer
          Exaggerated Response Beer
          Subterfuge Beer
          Chopped and Formed Smoked Beef Snack Beer

          Dave McGuire
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 2, 2012
            People buying beer must be carded...