Re: [midatlanticretro] Free, as in beer!!

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
      Have a name a beer contest..
      Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.

      C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..

      The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?

      [ Sounds of crickets ]

      Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

      ________________________________
      From: "system@..." <system@...>
      If they should rebadge their product, I'd suggest steering clear of the "LED Lite" beer. :)  Too bad I can't
      be there this year as I'd love to try a PDP-8 porter or an IMSAI IPA or a SWTPC Stout.
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
        Ok Seriously.... Not to be the guy who ruins everything.

        I am a bit concerned about serving alcholic beverages at the event because what liabaility issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
          Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

          >Ok Seriously.... Not to be the guy who ruins everything.
          >
          >I am a bit concerned about serving alcholic beverages at the event
          >because what liabaility issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated
          >and hurts themselves or someone else?

          IANAL (thank goodness) but the same liability exists if someone hurts
          themselves or someone else. Someone could get electrocuted touching
          an old computer or cut on one. Someone could fall navigating though
          the exhibits. I would assume that InfoAge has insurance? If it does
          not, then those responsible are stupid to open it to the public!
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
            >> I am a bit concerned about serving alcoholic beverages at the event because what liability issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?

            I thought of that. We can make our policy a two-drink maximum, per person, per day. And we'll use common sense: if someone appears to have had too much, then we won't serve them.

            Mostly I am not worried (and I am very good at worrying!) We are not the first event to sell alcohol, you know?

            I'm also not worried about simple spillage, because people already carry water, soda, etc., and there's never been a problem.

            We should have exhibitors sign general liability waivers anyhow. Fred always reminds me of that.

            Anyway, I probably jumped the gun by announcing this before we know if the township will give us a permit.
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
              On 02/03/2012 08:44 AM, Christian Liendo wrote:
              > Have a name a beer contest..
              > Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.
              >

              > C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..
              >
              > The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?
              >

              > [ Sounds of crickets ]
              >

              > Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

              One of the benefits of not using machines that crash, and having a
              damn good backup strategy, is the ability to have very long-lived files
              in one's home directory.

              Starting about 1993, my friend and then-coworker Mag and I started
              two "archive" files: band names and beer names. They've steadily grown
              over the years. The beer name archive contains such gems as:

              Golden Bilge Beer
              Party In Your Mouth Beer
              Edge of Death Beer
              Captain Cholesterol High Fiber Beer
              Afterlife Beer
              Sleeping Giant Beer
              Flirting With Disaster Beer
              Unfinished Business Beer
              The Man's Beer
              Cream of Demon Beer
              Liquid Courage Beer
              "No Trouble Here, Officer" Beer
              Exaggerated Response Beer
              Subterfuge Beer
              Chopped and Formed Smoked Beef Snack Beer

              Dave McGuire
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 2 11:50 AM
                People buying beer must be carded...