Brooklyn Brewery

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
      Can we get t-shirts?
      I don't drink beer
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Feb 2, 2012, at 11:55 PM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:
        > Can we get t-shirts?
        > I don't drink beer

        It's never too late to start.

        Dave McGuire
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
          > Can we get t-shirts?

          I don't know.
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
            Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

            >Great news -- I was contacted by Brooklyn Brewery -- they want to be the
            >official beer sponsor of VCF East 8.0.
            >
            >A deal is tentatively confirmed, depending on whether Wall Township will
            >give us a temporary permit. Fred told me InfoAge has done that a few
            >times, so it should not be a problem. I will call the town government
            >tomorrow because the process is said to be a slow one.

            One of the large music fastivals I attend each year has a local micro-
            brewery rebadge all their offerings with festival themed names. Will
            the Brooklyn Brewery do the same for VCF? Or, will they just br there
            to sell and serve their product? If they should rebadge their product,
            I'd suggest steering clear of the "LED Lite" beer. :) Too bad I can't
            be there this year as I'd love to try a PDP-8 porter or an IMSAI IPA or
            a SWTPC Stout.
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
              Have a name a beer contest..
              Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.

              C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..

              The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?

              [ Sounds of crickets ]

              Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

              ________________________________
              From: "system@..." <system@...>
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                Ok Seriously.... Not to be the guy who ruins everything.

                I am a bit concerned about serving alcholic beverages at the event because what liabaility issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?
              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                  Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

                  >Ok Seriously.... Not to be the guy who ruins everything.
                  >
                  >I am a bit concerned about serving alcholic beverages at the event
                  >because what liabaility issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated
                  >and hurts themselves or someone else?

                  IANAL (thank goodness) but the same liability exists if someone hurts
                  themselves or someone else. Someone could get electrocuted touching
                  an old computer or cut on one. Someone could fall navigating though
                  the exhibits. I would assume that InfoAge has insurance? If it does
                  not, then those responsible are stupid to open it to the public!
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                    >> I am a bit concerned about serving alcoholic beverages at the event because what liability issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?

                    I thought of that. We can make our policy a two-drink maximum, per person, per day. And we'll use common sense: if someone appears to have had too much, then we won't serve them.

                    Mostly I am not worried (and I am very good at worrying!) We are not the first event to sell alcohol, you know?

                    I'm also not worried about simple spillage, because people already carry water, soda, etc., and there's never been a problem.

                    We should have exhibitors sign general liability waivers anyhow. Fred always reminds me of that.

                    Anyway, I probably jumped the gun by announcing this before we know if the township will give us a permit.
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                      On 02/03/2012 08:44 AM, Christian Liendo wrote:
                      > Have a name a beer contest..
                      > Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.
                      >

                      > C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..
                      >
                      > The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?
                      >

                      > [ Sounds of crickets ]
                      >

                      > Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

                      One of the benefits of not using machines that crash, and having a
                      damn good backup strategy, is the ability to have very long-lived files
                      in one's home directory.

                      Starting about 1993, my friend and then-coworker Mag and I started
                      two "archive" files: band names and beer names. They've steadily grown
                      over the years. The beer name archive contains such gems as:

                      Golden Bilge Beer
                      Party In Your Mouth Beer
                      Edge of Death Beer
                      Captain Cholesterol High Fiber Beer
                      Afterlife Beer
                      Sleeping Giant Beer
                      Flirting With Disaster Beer
                      Unfinished Business Beer
                      The Man's Beer
                      Cream of Demon Beer
                      Liquid Courage Beer
                      "No Trouble Here, Officer" Beer
                      Exaggerated Response Beer
                      Subterfuge Beer
                      Chopped and Formed Smoked Beef Snack Beer

                      Dave McGuire
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 2, 2012
                        People buying beer must be carded...

                        > Great news -- I was contacted by Brooklyn Brewery -- they want to be the
                        > official beer sponsor of VCF East 8.0.

                        Free is for me ! :)