Free, as in beer!!

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
      Great news -- I was contacted by Brooklyn Brewery -- they want to be the
      official beer sponsor of VCF East 8.0.

      A deal is tentatively confirmed, depending on whether Wall Township will
      give us a temporary permit. Fred told me InfoAge has done that a few
      times, so it should not be a problem. I will call the town government
      tomorrow because the process is said to be a slow one.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
        > Great news -- I was contacted by Brooklyn Brewery -- they want to be the
        > official beer sponsor of VCF East 8.0.

        Free is for me ! :)
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
          Can we get t-shirts?
          I don't drink beer
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
            On Feb 2, 2012, at 11:55 PM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:
            > Can we get t-shirts?
            > I don't drink beer

            It's never too late to start.

            Dave McGuire
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 2, 2012
              > Can we get t-shirts?

              I don't know.
            • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

                >Great news -- I was contacted by Brooklyn Brewery -- they want to be the
                >official beer sponsor of VCF East 8.0.
                >
                >A deal is tentatively confirmed, depending on whether Wall Township will
                >give us a temporary permit. Fred told me InfoAge has done that a few
                >times, so it should not be a problem. I will call the town government
                >tomorrow because the process is said to be a slow one.

                One of the large music fastivals I attend each year has a local micro-
                brewery rebadge all their offerings with festival themed names. Will
                the Brooklyn Brewery do the same for VCF? Or, will they just br there
                to sell and serve their product? If they should rebadge their product,
                I'd suggest steering clear of the "LED Lite" beer. :) Too bad I can't
                be there this year as I'd love to try a PDP-8 porter or an IMSAI IPA or
                a SWTPC Stout.
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                  Have a name a beer contest..
                  Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.

                  C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..

                  The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?

                  [ Sounds of crickets ]

                  Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

                  ________________________________
                  From: "system@..." <system@...>
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                    Ok Seriously.... Not to be the guy who ruins everything.

                    I am a bit concerned about serving alcholic beverages at the event because what liabaility issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?
                  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                      Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

                      >Ok Seriously.... Not to be the guy who ruins everything.
                      >
                      >I am a bit concerned about serving alcholic beverages at the event
                      >because what liabaility issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated
                      >and hurts themselves or someone else?

                      IANAL (thank goodness) but the same liability exists if someone hurts
                      themselves or someone else. Someone could get electrocuted touching
                      an old computer or cut on one. Someone could fall navigating though
                      the exhibits. I would assume that InfoAge has insurance? If it does
                      not, then those responsible are stupid to open it to the public!
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                        >> I am a bit concerned about serving alcoholic beverages at the event because what liability issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?

                        I thought of that. We can make our policy a two-drink maximum, per person, per day. And we'll use common sense: if someone appears to have had too much, then we won't serve them.

                        Mostly I am not worried (and I am very good at worrying!) We are not the first event to sell alcohol, you know?

                        I'm also not worried about simple spillage, because people already carry water, soda, etc., and there's never been a problem.

                        We should have exhibitors sign general liability waivers anyhow. Fred always reminds me of that.

                        Anyway, I probably jumped the gun by announcing this before we know if the township will give us a permit.
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
                          On 02/03/2012 08:44 AM, Christian Liendo wrote:
                          > Have a name a beer contest..
                          > Seriously, have people come up with a name for a beer.
                          >

                          > C64 Beer, 64 calories great taste, matchs great with 1541 potato chips..
                          >
                          > The Ale-tair... Get it Ale-tair?
                          >

                          > [ Sounds of crickets ]
                          >

                          > Dammit Jim I'm a network Admin, not a comedian.

                          One of the benefits of not using machines that crash, and having a
                          damn good backup strategy, is the ability to have very long-lived files
                          in one's home directory.

                          Starting about 1993, my friend and then-coworker Mag and I started
                          two "archive" files: band names and beer names. They've steadily grown
                          over the years. The beer name archive contains such gems as:

                          Golden Bilge Beer
                          Party In Your Mouth Beer
                          Edge of Death Beer
                          Captain Cholesterol High Fiber Beer
                          Afterlife Beer
                          Sleeping Giant Beer
                          Flirting With Disaster Beer
                          Unfinished Business Beer
                          The Man's Beer
                          Cream of Demon Beer
                          Liquid Courage Beer
                          "No Trouble Here, Officer" Beer
                          Exaggerated Response Beer
                          Subterfuge Beer
                          Chopped and Formed Smoked Beef Snack Beer

                          Dave McGuire
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 2 11:50 AM
                            People buying beer must be carded...