Re: [midatlanticretro] Does anyone want to buy an Elf 2000 ???

  • Alexey Toptygin
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
      On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Christian Liendo wrote:

      > I know Herb was showing off a tiny elf clone...
      >
      > Here is the link to his site
      >
      > http://www.retrotechnology.com/memship/memship.html

      I built a Rev B membership card after seeing one at the last VCFE, it is
      great! I was a little worried that my soldering skills weren't good
      enough, but it turned out that the hardest part was cutting the Altoids
      tin to fit the LEDs and switches :-/

      Alexey
    • Bee Dee
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        Yeah. He has a cover for it now that makes it easier to make the cutouts.
        I haven't assembled mine yet, or my Elf2K. I highly encourage both
        systems if you're into it.

        The Membership Card is very simple and easy and somewhat bare bones
        and the Elf2K expands the original Elf and Elf II. (plus it has an
        1861 graphics chip emulator (STG1861) and a Disk, UART and RTC Board --
        if he does the 3-boards-in-one like before)

        It's Herb's website but Lee Hart is the creator/mfg/seller.

        Error in link in case people couldn't figure it out:

        http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Elf2K.htm

        - Bill D
        ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
        ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
        ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/
      • Al Hartman
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2012
          If anyone is building one of these, a friend of mine has a bunch of NOS 1802
          chips...

          Al Hartman