Re: [midatlanticretro] Does anyone want to buy an Elf 2000 ???

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
      I know Herb was showing off a tiny elf clone...

      Here is the link to his site

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/memship/memship.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Christian Liendo wrote:

        > I know Herb was showing off a tiny elf clone...
        >
        > Here is the link to his site
        >
        > http://www.retrotechnology.com/memship/memship.html

        I built a Rev B membership card after seeing one at the last VCFE, it is
        great! I was a little worried that my soldering skills weren't good
        enough, but it turned out that the hardest part was cutting the Altoids
        tin to fit the LEDs and switches :-/

        Alexey
      • Bee Dee
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
          Yeah. He has a cover for it now that makes it easier to make the cutouts.
          I haven't assembled mine yet, or my Elf2K. I highly encourage both
          systems if you're into it.

          The Membership Card is very simple and easy and somewhat bare bones
          and the Elf2K expands the original Elf and Elf II. (plus it has an
          1861 graphics chip emulator (STG1861) and a Disk, UART and RTC Board --
          if he does the 3-boards-in-one like before)

          It's Herb's website but Lee Hart is the creator/mfg/seller.

          Error in link in case people couldn't figure it out:

          http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Elf2K.htm

          - Bill D
          ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
          ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
          ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/
        • Al Hartman
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2012
            If anyone is building one of these, a friend of mine has a bunch of NOS 1802
            chips...

            Al Hartman