Re: [midatlanticretro] Is anyone going to TCF?

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2012
      >> While my electronics is my toys
      I'm hoping to work with creative folks and not toy makers.

      World Maker Faire, every fall in NYC, includes VERY serious makers/hackers from all over. As you know, IXR hopes to become a serious hackerspace, and MARCH supports their mission.

      However this thread is getting off-topic on our list.

      MARCH supports TCF and its primary sponsor, the Amateur Computer Group of New Jersey. ACGNJ has a rich history and its officers have supported MARCH and VCF East too.

      As I understand it, TCF management is trying hard to keep their event relevant. TCF funds some scholarships at the College of New Jersey.

      MARCH will have a demo table at TCF this year, as we do every year. It's the neighborly thing to do and it's good advertising for VCF East.
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 31, 2012
        I was planning on going. Went to the first one, and a bunch since.
        I guess the good old days are gone. I still have two big cardboard boxes full of IC chips a bought there late afternoon on the last day once. Probably will donate it to IXR.

        > >> While my electronics is my toys
        > I'm hoping to work with creative folks and not toy makers.
        >
        > World Maker Faire, every fall in NYC, includes VERY serious makers/hackers from all over. As you know, IXR hopes to become a serious hackerspace, and MARCH supports their mission.
        >
        > However this thread is getting off-topic on our list.
        >
        > MARCH supports TCF and its primary sponsor, the Amateur Computer Group of New Jersey. ACGNJ has a rich history and its officers have supported MARCH and VCF East too.
        >
        > As I understand it, TCF management is trying hard to keep their event relevant. TCF funds some scholarships at the College of New Jersey.
        >
        > MARCH will have a demo table at TCF this year, as we do every year. It's the neighborly thing to do and it's good advertising for VCF East.

      • Jeff Jonas
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2012
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <drwass3@...> wrote:
          > I was planning on going. Went to the first one, and a bunch since.
          > I guess the good old days are gone. I still have two big cardboard boxes full of IC chips a bought there late afternoon on the last day once. Probably will donate it to IXR.

          Just let me know when that happens so I can say hi too! I divide my time at Infoage between IXR and MARCH.

          -- Jeff Jonas