Re: [midatlanticretro] joining the user group

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
      On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, rkindig wrote:

      > I joined the Yahoo group; what else do I need to do to become a member of MARCH?

      1. Contribute $100 to the treasury.

      2. Register an exhibit for VCF 8.0.

      3. Donate any HP 1000 equipment to my collection.

      :-) Just kidding. Although number 2 would be a great idea, if you're
      on the East coast.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • rkindig
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
        I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana and we're saving for our Alaskan cruise in July. I really hope I can get there next year.

        And I don't have any HP 1000 equipment :)

        Thanks

        Randy

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
          On 01/29/2012 06:37 PM, rkindig wrote:
          > I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana and we're saving for our Alaskan cruise in July. I really hope I can get there next year.
          >
          > And I don't have any HP 1000 equipment :)

          Damn, then we don't like you. Go away!

          (kidding!!)

          Dave McGuire
          New Kensington, PA
        • rkindig
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
            Thanks, Evan.

            I'm a member of several other vintage computing discussion groups, so I came upon yours. Plus, I attended the VCF Midwest the last couple of years.

            I love vintage programmable calculators and vintage home computers from the late 70's to the mid-80's. I currently have Atari, Commodore, Apple, TI, Timex/Sinclair, Tandy and other home computers.

            Randy

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
              >>> I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana

              Did you know there's a VCF Midwest?
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                >> Plus, I attended the VCF Midwest the last couple of years.

                Doh ... Ignore the message I just sent informing you of that. :)