Re: joining the user group

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
      >> I joined the Yahoo group; what else do I need to do to become a member of MARCH? Thanks. Randy Kindig Indianapolis, IN

      Nothing.

      A few points though:
      - We're mostly a northeast/mid-Atlantic group, so there is a bunch of content here based on geography -- although all are welcome
      - The new member FAQ you received is horribly outdated
      - We're pretty good about staying on-topic and being civil

      How did you find us? What's your interest in vintage computing?

      - Evan K.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
        On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, rkindig wrote:

        > I joined the Yahoo group; what else do I need to do to become a member of MARCH?

        1. Contribute $100 to the treasury.

        2. Register an exhibit for VCF 8.0.

        3. Donate any HP 1000 equipment to my collection.

        :-) Just kidding. Although number 2 would be a great idea, if you're
        on the East coast.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • rkindig
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
          I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana and we're saving for our Alaskan cruise in July. I really hope I can get there next year.

          And I don't have any HP 1000 equipment :)

          Thanks

          Randy

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
            On 01/29/2012 06:37 PM, rkindig wrote:
            > I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana and we're saving for our Alaskan cruise in July. I really hope I can get there next year.
            >
            > And I don't have any HP 1000 equipment :)

            Damn, then we don't like you. Go away!

            (kidding!!)

            Dave McGuire
            New Kensington, PA
          • rkindig
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
              Thanks, Evan.

              I'm a member of several other vintage computing discussion groups, so I came upon yours. Plus, I attended the VCF Midwest the last couple of years.

              I love vintage programmable calculators and vintage home computers from the late 70's to the mid-80's. I currently have Atari, Commodore, Apple, TI, Timex/Sinclair, Tandy and other home computers.

              Randy

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                >>> I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana

                Did you know there's a VCF Midwest?
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                  >> Plus, I attended the VCF Midwest the last couple of years.

                  Doh ... Ignore the message I just sent informing you of that. :)