joining the user group

  • rkindig
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
      I joined the Yahoo group; what else do I need to do to become a member of MARCH?

      Thanks.

      Randy Kindig
      Indianapolis, IN
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
        >> I joined the Yahoo group; what else do I need to do to become a member of MARCH? Thanks. Randy Kindig Indianapolis, IN

        Nothing.

        A few points though:
        - We're mostly a northeast/mid-Atlantic group, so there is a bunch of content here based on geography -- although all are welcome
        - The new member FAQ you received is horribly outdated
        - We're pretty good about staying on-topic and being civil

        How did you find us? What's your interest in vintage computing?

        - Evan K.
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
          On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, rkindig wrote:

          > I joined the Yahoo group; what else do I need to do to become a member of MARCH?

          1. Contribute $100 to the treasury.

          2. Register an exhibit for VCF 8.0.

          3. Donate any HP 1000 equipment to my collection.

          :-) Just kidding. Although number 2 would be a great idea, if you're
          on the East coast.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • rkindig
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
            I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana and we're saving for our Alaskan cruise in July. I really hope I can get there next year.

            And I don't have any HP 1000 equipment :)

            Thanks

            Randy

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
              On 01/29/2012 06:37 PM, rkindig wrote:
              > I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana and we're saving for our Alaskan cruise in July. I really hope I can get there next year.
              >
              > And I don't have any HP 1000 equipment :)

              Damn, then we don't like you. Go away!

              (kidding!!)

              Dave McGuire
              New Kensington, PA
            • rkindig
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                Thanks, Evan.

                I'm a member of several other vintage computing discussion groups, so I came upon yours. Plus, I attended the VCF Midwest the last couple of years.

                I love vintage programmable calculators and vintage home computers from the late 70's to the mid-80's. I currently have Atari, Commodore, Apple, TI, Timex/Sinclair, Tandy and other home computers.

                Randy

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                  >>> I would LOVE to get to the VCF East this year, but it's a long way from Indiana

                  Did you know there's a VCF Midwest?
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                    >> Plus, I attended the VCF Midwest the last couple of years.

                    Doh ... Ignore the message I just sent informing you of that. :)