new haul, serious goodies

    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 24, 2012
      So a brief truck trip to Maryland netted some really great stuff from
      an old friend. This is stuff I'd seen before, but he surprised me by
      saying "hey, bring a truck!" ...so I did, and here's what I came home with:

      IBM 029 keypunch station, complete and in excellent condition
      DECsystem-2020 (yes, another one!)
      DEC RM03 14" disk drive (aka CDC 9762), but sadly no disk packs
      DEC TU45 magtape drive, in pieces but likely repairable
      DEC LA120 printing terminal, dirty but in good shape otherwise
      VAX 8350 w/Unibus, Unibus SCSI, BI-bus SCSI, and CIBCI
      A few other DEC items: RL02, RX02, small PDP-11/23 system
      Apple ProFile drive (unknown capacity or condition, no controller)
      A commercial deli slicer (for my chef fiancee')

      Dave McGuire
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Gesswein
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 28, 2012
        On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 08:12:02AM -0500, William Donzelli wrote:

        > Cardamation? I do not know, maybe the old man died. I just do not
        > know. Perhaps Monday I will try to contact the place.

        When I found the website was gone I did try to call the old phone number
        but it was out of service. Thats as far as I went.