Wow!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2012
      Tonight I learned something interesting about the second of the five MOBIDICs (MOBIDIC 'B'.)

      What I already knew about 'B': It shipped in April 1960 to the Army Tactical Operations Center at Ft. Leavenworth, Kan., where it ran Project MASS (Modern Army Supply System), and in May 1965 the National Bureau of Standards inherited it.

      What I learned tonight: In June 1969, NBS decided that 'B' should stand for BASIC -- so they wrote a BASIC compiler.

      I have no idea what they did with it after that. But just think ... two 30-ft. Army trailers, so that someone could type, 10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD".