Wow! (not VCF)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2012
      Big thanks to Andy Meyer and Mike Loewen, who both emailed me today about this YouTube video, via BoingBoing:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KaFHrGjy7w0

      They both recognized the name MOBIDIC and knew I'd be interested. But it turns out to be a real find for MARCH, not just a curiosity! I knew as soon as the narrator began talking about interoperability that it was a video about FIELDATA -- the Camp Evans-designed predecessor to ASCII. The video also mentions other FIELDATA-compatible computers, such BASICPAC and COMPAC, both designed for the Army by Philco.

      This is really exciting! I've seen pictures of these computers, but never video.

      I will contact the YouTube account holder to see if s/he knows their source.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2012

        Ah ... the same account holder also posted this video, from which the first video is a clip: http://bit.ly/wDNnvN

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2012