CRAVCon 2012

  • Bee Dee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 14, 2012
      Announcing the first annual Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage Computing Convention.

      - Bill D
      ... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
      ..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
      ..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 14, 2012
        Northern Calif. .... Do you have a venue?
      • Bee Dee
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 14, 2012
          Most likely the county Fair Grounds buildings, which are large and
          don't cost much. Unless I can find somewhere similar for free. If it
          ends up being very small first year, like less than 10 booths, which I
          might do if it comes to that, I can hold it at our local library for free.
          There are a lot of fairly cheap options around here.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 14, 2012
            You never know, there is a desire for a vintage computing event out
            west, you may have a big event if you attract a lot of people and
            it's well organized. Just please don't have it the same time as VCF
            E, we get a lot of visitors from all over. There has been an
            unwritten rule that we try to space these events out / not overlap
            regardless of location.
            Bill

            At 09:13 PM 1/14/2012, you wrote:
            >Most likely the county Fair Grounds buildings, which are large and
            >don't cost much. Unless I can find somewhere similar for free. If it
            >ends up being very small first year, like less than 10 booths, which I
            >might do if it comes to that, I can hold it at our local library for free.
            >There are a lot of fairly cheap options around here.
            >

            >- Bill D
            >... CRAV Computing Hobbyist : Classic/Retro/Antique/Vintage
            >..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cravcomp/
            >..... http://www.donnelly-house.net/
            >

            >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Northern Calif. .... Do you have a venue?

          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 15, 2012
              I am writing about the upcoming VCF 8.0 and I need images and videos of previous VCFs.

              Does anyone have images, videos are even articles that they wrote about previous VCFs?

              I will link to articles, blogs and the such.
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 15, 2012
                On Sun, 15 Jan 2012, Christian Liendo wrote:

                > I am writing about the upcoming VCF 8.0 and I need images and videos of previous VCFs.
                >
                > Does anyone have images, videos are even articles that they wrote about previous VCFs?
                >
                > I will link to articles, blogs and the such.

                At the bottom of my Old Technology page, there are links to pictures
                from VCF 3.0 - 7.0, and our museum exhibits at the time of 7.0:

                http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 15, 2012
                  vintagecomputer.net/vcf[3...7]/

                  Bill

                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 17, 2012
                    Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

                    >I am writing about the upcoming VCF 8.0 and I need images and videos of
                    >previous VCFs.
                    >
                    >Does anyone have images, videos are even articles that they wrote about
                    >previous VCFs?
                    >
                    >I will link to articles, blogs and the such.

                    Did you just resend this? Or, did Yoohoo screw up and remail it?

                    Anyway, you can link to my blog article I wrote on VCF-6. You even made
                    a comment on the article. I have photos from VCF-7 but I never published
                    them on the net. I'd hoped to blog another article and use them, but I've
                    been too wrapped working on $$$oftware to reroute my efforts to blogging.