Re: [midatlanticretro] spare Atari joystick?

  • ahm
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
      Bill wrote:
      > Which is the CX40? I have a whole box of Atari joysticks and you're welcome
      > to whatever you need. They are the traditional-looking Atari joysticks,
      > but I don't know the part number off-hand without checking.

      Hi Bill,

      I'm fairly new to Atari stuff, so while I imagine Atari might have used
      one type of joystick across it's entire product line, I know that companies
      don't always do the logical thing. :)

      I think I'm looking for the famous Atari joystick: square base,
      stubby stick on the center, all black except for the red fire button.
      One would be fine, two would be awesome.

      Thanks!
      Andy
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
        You are correct.  That traditional 2600 joystick works on all Atari computers.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
        • billdeg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
            No problem. I will bring some and you can pick which one you like.
            Bill

          • billdeg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
              That's the one..I have a box of these and I am glad to find a home for
              whomever needs one. I don't even have a 2600, I don't know where I got them all
              from. What I could use is a set of working paddles, any make/model will do...if
              anyone would like to trade. I have two, but only the player 2 sides work on
              each.
              Bill