Re: [midatlanticretro] Monroe Calculating Device

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2012
      Geez... do these pictures bring back memories. A Monroe LN-160X (or very similar) was my primary computing device back in my first career in research at General Foods (68-73). Square roots required a lot of cranking. I made that little calculator sing - literally as the gears made a distinctive sound during division. The folding legs were needed to raise the crank clear of the desk to allow cranking. The small size was an asset as I could just fit it in my brief case to bring it home to do my income taxes.

      Jim

      These sort of devices can be quite valuable if in working order...