Re: Update, re: Who's bringing what to TCF so far...

  • evan947
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
      David,

      I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
      Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
      running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

      - Evan

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
      wrote:
      > > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
      figured
      > > there's no need for me to duplcate.
      > >
      > > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
      >

      > I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I
      don't
      > have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you
      want to
      > bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be
      short on
      > space).
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
        > I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
        > Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
        > running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

        Definitely is a little too strong, much can happen in a couple months.
        I had a poor version running a while ago on the VC8E/VR14.
        Video on http://www.pdp8.net/vr14/vr14.shtml
        I found a better looking source but haven't gotten around to setting things
        up to try it.
      • billdeg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
          OK. I will bring a TI 99/4A and gear.
          Bill
        • evan947
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
            bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
            the show...?

            LOL... so I just heard back from the TCF contact... his generic answer
            was "The Internet will be available via WiFi connection..."

            I think he sort of missed my point!!! LOL !!!!

            I replied and asked if he's ever tried to set up WiFi on a Vic 20. :)

            Will forward his reply when it arrives.

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:

            > Evan,
            >
            > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
            figured
            > there's no need for me to duplcate.
            >
            > To specify my contribution I plan to "set up" a complete Commodore
            VIC 20