Re: [midatlanticretro] spare Atari joystick?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
      Andy,
      Which is the CX40? I have a whole box of Atari joysticks and you're welcome
      to whatever you need. They are the traditional-looking Atari joysticks, but I
      don't know the part number off-hand without checking. I suppose you know that
      you can use any standard joystick with the 800XL, but I assume you want the
      authentic version.
      Bill

      In a message dated 4/10/2005 7:35:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      ahm@... writes:

      > I just got an Atari 800XL.
      > I also have a Star Raiders cart, but no joystick. :(
      > Anybody got a spare CX40 for me?
    • ahm
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
        Bill wrote:
        > Which is the CX40? I have a whole box of Atari joysticks and you're welcome
        > to whatever you need. They are the traditional-looking Atari joysticks,
        > but I don't know the part number off-hand without checking.

        Hi Bill,

        I'm fairly new to Atari stuff, so while I imagine Atari might have used
        one type of joystick across it's entire product line, I know that companies
        don't always do the logical thing. :)

        I think I'm looking for the famous Atari joystick: square base,
        stubby stick on the center, all black except for the red fire button.
        One would be fine, two would be awesome.

        Thanks!
        Andy
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
          You are correct.  That traditional 2600 joystick works on all Atari computers.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
          • billdeg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
              No problem. I will bring some and you can pick which one you like.
              Bill

            • billdeg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
                That's the one..I have a box of these and I am glad to find a home for
                whomever needs one. I don't even have a 2600, I don't know where I got them all
                from. What I could use is a set of working paddles, any make/model will do...if
                anyone would like to trade. I have two, but only the player 2 sides work on
                each.
                Bill