Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: ebay: MATTEL AQUARIUS Personal Computer Model 5931

  • Christopher Blackmon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
      I've never really understood the term "mid-atlantic".... If you look at a map, and divide the eastern seaboard into 3 parts  (say... top, mid, and bottom atlantic)... the "mid" areas would be like NC, VA, DC or so.   eh.. just thinking aloud.

      Christopher.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
        At 08:25 AM 1/5/2012, you wrote:
        >I've never seen that "rule" and I've seen a lot of posts about retro,
        >vintage, and classic, computers and such of all kinds.
        >I suppose one person's definition of "extraordinary opportunities
        >and very rare items of historic interest" is different from another's.

        thus the rule...if you have to debate whether something is historic
        and rare, it is probably not :-).

        Our "Mid-Atlantic" is below New England and above North Carolina. As
        far west as Pittsburgh. That said everyone world-wide is welcome and
        encouraged to join. Every so often we have the "what is vintage"
        "what Ebay auction is worth posting to the entire group" "What
        Craigslist posting is worth posting" discussion. The consensus has
        been set already. As one of the list moderators I am just helping
        keep posts on topic.

        'Nuf said?

        Bill Degnan