Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: ebay: MATTEL AQUARIUS Personal Computer Model 5931

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
      Who is this?

      Not the end of the world but generally we ask that people post only extraordinary opportunities and very rare items of historic interest that exist in lmidatlantic area.... Big items for rescues ... etc.

      Thanks though

      Sent from my PDP 8/e.
    • Bee Dee
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
        I've never seen that "rule" and I've seen a lot of posts about retro,
        vintage, and classic, computers and such of all kinds.
        I suppose one person's definition of "extraordinary opportunities and very rare items of historic interest" is different from another's.
      • Christopher Blackmon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
          I've never really understood the term "mid-atlantic".... If you look at a map, and divide the eastern seaboard into 3 parts  (say... top, mid, and bottom atlantic)... the "mid" areas would be like NC, VA, DC or so.   eh.. just thinking aloud.

          Christopher.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
            At 08:25 AM 1/5/2012, you wrote:
            >I've never seen that "rule" and I've seen a lot of posts about retro,
            >vintage, and classic, computers and such of all kinds.
            >I suppose one person's definition of "extraordinary opportunities
            >and very rare items of historic interest" is different from another's.

            thus the rule...if you have to debate whether something is historic
            and rare, it is probably not :-).

            Our "Mid-Atlantic" is below New England and above North Carolina. As
            far west as Pittsburgh. That said everyone world-wide is welcome and
            encouraged to join. Every so often we have the "what is vintage"
            "what Ebay auction is worth posting to the entire group" "What
            Craigslist posting is worth posting" discussion. The consensus has
            been set already. As one of the list moderators I am just helping
            keep posts on topic.

            'Nuf said?

            Bill Degnan