ebay: MATTEL AQUARIUS Personal Computer Model 5931

  • Bee Dee
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
      If I collected old computers I would probably buy this.

      MATTEL AQUARIUS Personal Computer Model 5931 Vintage Video Game System 1982. Supposedly works. Starting bid: US $9.99

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATTEL-AQUARIUS-Personal-Computer-Model-5931-Vintage-Video-Game-System-1982-/130623648053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e69c6b135
    • Bee Dee
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
          Who is this?

          Not the end of the world but generally we ask that people post only extraordinary opportunities and very rare items of historic interest that exist in lmidatlantic area.... Big items for rescues ... etc.

          Thanks though

          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        • Bee Dee
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
            I've never seen that "rule" and I've seen a lot of posts about retro,
            vintage, and classic, computers and such of all kinds.
            I suppose one person's definition of "extraordinary opportunities and very rare items of historic interest" is different from another's.
          • Christopher Blackmon
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
              I've never really understood the term "mid-atlantic".... If you look at a map, and divide the eastern seaboard into 3 parts  (say... top, mid, and bottom atlantic)... the "mid" areas would be like NC, VA, DC or so.   eh.. just thinking aloud.

              Christopher.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
                At 08:25 AM 1/5/2012, you wrote:
                >I've never seen that "rule" and I've seen a lot of posts about retro,
                >vintage, and classic, computers and such of all kinds.
                >I suppose one person's definition of "extraordinary opportunities
                >and very rare items of historic interest" is different from another's.

                thus the rule...if you have to debate whether something is historic
                and rare, it is probably not :-).

                Our "Mid-Atlantic" is below New England and above North Carolina. As
                far west as Pittsburgh. That said everyone world-wide is welcome and
                encouraged to join. Every so often we have the "what is vintage"
                "what Ebay auction is worth posting to the entire group" "What
                Craigslist posting is worth posting" discussion. The consensus has
                been set already. As one of the list moderators I am just helping
                keep posts on topic.

                'Nuf said?

                Bill Degnan