Re: Mark 8 kit on Ebay

  • jack99rubin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
      For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

      Jack

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
        Yes, the replica sold for a lot, I *think* it was around $8500.
        Bill Degnan

        > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.
        >
        > Jack
        >
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
        wrote:

        > > BTW - A company called Obtronix (I think I spelled it correctly
        something
        > > like that..) made a Mark 8 replica and sent a front panel to Jon Titus.

        > > Recently Jon sent it to MARCH; it's now on display in our micro room.
        > >
        > > Recently an unbuilt Mark 8 replica kit sold for $8000+ on Ebay, maybe
        last
        > > year.
        > >
        > > Bill Degnan

      • Ray Sills
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
          The same seller is offering an RCA VIP for $3000. My, oh my.

          73 de Ray
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
            On 01/02/2012 11:58 AM, jack99rubin wrote:
            > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

            Yeah, that's what I said. If people are really willing to pay that
            for replicas, I've got some Gerber files to draw up. 8263s and 8267s
            are pretty tough to find, but for eight grand, I'll find 'em!

            Dave McGuire