re: [midatlanticretro] Mark 8 kit on Ebay

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2 7:32 AM
      BTW - A company called Obtronix (I think I spelled it correctly something
      like that..) made a Mark 8 replica and sent a front panel to Jon Titus.
      Recently Jon sent it to MARCH; it's now on display in our micro room.

      Recently an unbuilt Mark 8 replica kit sold for $8000+ on Ebay, maybe last
      year.

      Bill Degnan

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2 8:58 AM
        For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

        Jack

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2 9:00 AM
          Yes, the replica sold for a lot, I *think* it was around $8500.
          Bill Degnan

          > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.
          >
          > Jack
          >
          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
          wrote:

          > > BTW - A company called Obtronix (I think I spelled it correctly
          something
          > > like that..) made a Mark 8 replica and sent a front panel to Jon Titus.

          > > Recently Jon sent it to MARCH; it's now on display in our micro room.
          > >
          > > Recently an unbuilt Mark 8 replica kit sold for $8000+ on Ebay, maybe
          last
          > > year.
          > >
          > > Bill Degnan

        • Ray Sills
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2 9:19 AM
            The same seller is offering an RCA VIP for $3000. My, oh my.

            73 de Ray
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2 10:33 AM
              On 01/02/2012 11:58 AM, jack99rubin wrote:
              > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

              Yeah, that's what I said. If people are really willing to pay that
              for replicas, I've got some Gerber files to draw up. 8263s and 8267s
              are pretty tough to find, but for eight grand, I'll find 'em!

              Dave McGuire