re: [midatlanticretro] Mark 8 kit on Ebay

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
      Reproduction

      Bill Degnan

      -------- Original Message --------

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Radio-Electronics-MARK-8-Computer-Kit-PC-boards
      -ICs-and-more-/140671320406

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
        BTW - A company called Obtronix (I think I spelled it correctly something
        like that..) made a Mark 8 replica and sent a front panel to Jon Titus.
        Recently Jon sent it to MARCH; it's now on display in our micro room.

        Recently an unbuilt Mark 8 replica kit sold for $8000+ on Ebay, maybe last
        year.

        Bill Degnan

        > OK, this is a first for me, I never saw a Mark 8 on ebay
        >
        > The guy wants $8500.00 for it.

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Radio-Electronics-MARK-8-Computer-Kit-PC-boards
        -ICs-and-more-/140671320406

      • jack99rubin
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
          For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

          Jack

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
            Yes, the replica sold for a lot, I *think* it was around $8500.
            Bill Degnan

            > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.
            >
            > Jack
            >
            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
            wrote:

            > > BTW - A company called Obtronix (I think I spelled it correctly
            something
            > > like that..) made a Mark 8 replica and sent a front panel to Jon Titus.

            > > Recently Jon sent it to MARCH; it's now on display in our micro room.
            > >
            > > Recently an unbuilt Mark 8 replica kit sold for $8000+ on Ebay, maybe
            last
            > > year.
            > >
            > > Bill Degnan

          • Ray Sills
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
              The same seller is offering an RCA VIP for $3000. My, oh my.

              73 de Ray
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
                On 01/02/2012 11:58 AM, jack99rubin wrote:
                > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

                Yeah, that's what I said. If people are really willing to pay that
                for replicas, I've got some Gerber files to draw up. 8263s and 8267s
                are pretty tough to find, but for eight grand, I'll find 'em!

                Dave McGuire