Mark 8 kit on Ebay

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
      OK, this is a first for me, I never saw a Mark 8 on ebay

      The guy wants $8500.00 for it.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Radio-Electronics-MARK-8-Computer-Kit-PC-boards-ICs-and-more-/140671320406
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
        Reproduction

        Bill Degnan

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
          BTW - A company called Obtronix (I think I spelled it correctly something
          like that..) made a Mark 8 replica and sent a front panel to Jon Titus.
          Recently Jon sent it to MARCH; it's now on display in our micro room.

          Recently an unbuilt Mark 8 replica kit sold for $8000+ on Ebay, maybe last
          year.

          Bill Degnan

          > OK, this is a first for me, I never saw a Mark 8 on ebay
          >
          > The guy wants $8500.00 for it.

          http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Radio-Electronics-MARK-8-Computer-Kit-PC-boards
          -ICs-and-more-/140671320406

        • jack99rubin
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
            For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

            Jack

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
              Yes, the replica sold for a lot, I *think* it was around $8500.
              Bill Degnan

              > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.
              >
              > Jack
              >
              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
              wrote:

              > > BTW - A company called Obtronix (I think I spelled it correctly
              something
              > > like that..) made a Mark 8 replica and sent a front panel to Jon Titus.

              > > Recently Jon sent it to MARCH; it's now on display in our micro room.
              > >
              > > Recently an unbuilt Mark 8 replica kit sold for $8000+ on Ebay, maybe
              last
              > > year.
              > >
              > > Bill Degnan

            • Ray Sills
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
                The same seller is offering an RCA VIP for $3000. My, oh my.

                73 de Ray
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
                  On 01/02/2012 11:58 AM, jack99rubin wrote:
                  > For a replica?!! BTW, it is the Obtronix kit the "danfuboco" is selling.

                  Yeah, that's what I said. If people are really willing to pay that
                  for replicas, I've got some Gerber files to draw up. 8263s and 8267s
                  are pretty tough to find, but for eight grand, I'll find 'em!

                  Dave McGuire