Re: [midatlanticretro] UNITRON Apple II Clone

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
      At 11:38 AM 12/29/2011, you wrote:
      > >> I got an interesting Apple II clone
      > >> by a company called
      > >> UNITRON. After some reasearch I did not realize so
      > >> many companies
      > >> made Apple II clones. But there you go.
      > >> Bill
      >
      >There used to be a site called something like apple2clones.com that listed
      >maybe a hundred different clones from around the world. The site went
      >down and I haven't found that much data at any other site since then.
      >
      >Bob

      I found the same, site is down.
      bd
    • Al Hartman
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011
        I worked for Lawrence S. Epstein Associates in Brooklyn, and we were the
        East Coast Distributor of Corvus products. We were also an LNW and Franklin
        Dealer. Later we sold Cordata and Televideo Computers that had the Diamond
        Trackstar boards in them. We were also Applied Engineering dealers.

        We had several Franklins in our shop, as well as an Apple ][e. But, I was
        always drooling over the Basis-108, which was a German Apple clone that had
        an integral CP/M board. I never did get one.

        I have a couple of Apple ][gs computers and a Laser 128. I should get a Z-80
        card for the gs just to play.

        Those were the fun days of computers.

        Al
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011
          A shmorgasboard of interesting computer companies there. "CloneWorld"

          Bill Degnan