UNITRON Apple II Clone

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2011
      I got an interesting Apple II clone by a company called
      UNITRON. After some reasearch I did not realize so many companies
      made Apple II clones. But there you go.
      Bill
    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
        --- On Wed, 12/28/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > I got an interesting Apple II clone
        > by a company called
        > UNITRON.  After some reasearch I did not realize so
        > many companies
        > made Apple II clones.  But there you go.
        > Bill

        Nice! I have a Unitron clone too. Which model did you get? There is one that has a detached keyboard, and built in Z80 card. Mine is the fairly standard direct clone, just a copy of the II+.

        -Ian
      • Bob Applegate
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
          >> I got an interesting Apple II clone
          >> by a company called
          >> UNITRON.  After some reasearch I did not realize so
          >> many companies
          >> made Apple II clones.  But there you go.
          >> Bill

          There used to be a site called something like apple2clones.com that listed
          maybe a hundred different clones from around the world. The site went
          down and I haven't found that much data at any other site since then.

          Bob
        • M. Edward Wilborne, III
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
            On 12/29/2011 11:38 AM, Bob Applegate wrote:

            There used to be a site called something like apple2clones.com that listed
            maybe a hundred different clones from around the world. The site went
            down and I haven't found that much data at any other site since then.

            Bob

            The way back machine (http://web.archive.org) has copies of the old www.apple2clones.com website.

            Ed
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
              My UNITRON is built into a Franklin 1000 case, it looks like an Apple
              II or Apple II plus. It uses the Franklin keyboard. I was told it
              was an Apple II clone, I did not find anything like my board on the
              web. I will post photos soon.
              Bill

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
                At 11:38 AM 12/29/2011, you wrote:
                > >> I got an interesting Apple II clone
                > >> by a company called
                > >> UNITRON. After some reasearch I did not realize so
                > >> many companies
                > >> made Apple II clones. But there you go.
                > >> Bill
                >
                >There used to be a site called something like apple2clones.com that listed
                >maybe a hundred different clones from around the world. The site went
                >down and I haven't found that much data at any other site since then.
                >
                >Bob

                I found the same, site is down.
                bd
              • Al Hartman
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011
                  I worked for Lawrence S. Epstein Associates in Brooklyn, and we were the
                  East Coast Distributor of Corvus products. We were also an LNW and Franklin
                  Dealer. Later we sold Cordata and Televideo Computers that had the Diamond
                  Trackstar boards in them. We were also Applied Engineering dealers.

                  We had several Franklins in our shop, as well as an Apple ][e. But, I was
                  always drooling over the Basis-108, which was a German Apple clone that had
                  an integral CP/M board. I never did get one.

                  I have a couple of Apple ][gs computers and a Laser 128. I should get a Z-80
                  card for the gs just to play.

                  Those were the fun days of computers.

                  Al
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011
                    A shmorgasboard of interesting computer companies there. "CloneWorld"

                    Bill Degnan